Twin Atlantic, Mayday Parade, Make Do And Mend, Vanna, Sick of Sarah, Skip The Foreplay, and The Green have joined this years Warped Tour lineup. A full list of bands can be seen here. Check out the list of tour dates and previously announced bands.
Mayday Parade is pleased to announce a nationwide co-headlining tour with We The Kings, kicking off February 2 in Louisville, Kentucky. This 4-week trek comes on the heels of a recent sold out headlining tour, and takes the band to both coasts. Downtown Fiction and Anarbor will support. Tickets will be on sale Friday, January 13 at MaydayParade.com.
The band is touring in support of their widely successful self-titled album (out now on ILG), which debuted at #12 on Billboard’s Top 200, marking a career high chart position and sales numbers. The album also reached #5 on the iTunes Album Chart on release day. [Read more…]
The Make are set to join Mayday Parade, We Are The In Crowd, There for Tomorrow and You me At Six this fall on The Noise Tour Powered By Journeys. Pre-sale tickets and VIP bundles are on sale now. The dates for the tour can be seen below.
The Make will be touring in support of their debut EP, [itunes link=”http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/this-box/id447090711?uo=4″ title=”The Make – This Box” text=”This Box”], available now on iTunes.
“This Box” also marks the debut of Suspended Sunrise Recordings, an independent label based in San Diego, CA created by Green Bay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers and partner Ryan Zachary. The label, the band, and their shared Chico roots were recently the subject of a FOX Sports’ video feature [watch Online at FOX Sports]. The video for The Make’s current single “Get It” directed by Sugar Ray’s Murphy Karges and featuring a guest spot by Rodgers is also now available online. The band is currently in the studio working on their debut full length for Suspended Sunrise.
Mayday Parade‘s cover of Jason DerÃ¼lo’s “In My Head” can be heard here. The song comes from Punk Goes Pop Volume3, set for release on November 2nd 2010.
“We love doing Punk Goes… because they’re always such a blast to rearrange and record,” notes Mayday guitarist Brooks Betts. “Music is supposed to be fun and these covers are a blast!”
The track is available now on [itunes link=”http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/in-my-head/id395296883?i=395296893&uo=4″ title=”Mayday Parade – In My Head” text=”iTunes”]. Get more info on the Punk Goes series here.
The most exciting Punk Goes… album to date, Punk Goes Pop Volume 3 features a selection of the hottest rock bands covering Billboard Top Ten hits, including modern day pop classics by Lady GaGa, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake.
Full track listing and bands included on Punk Goes Pop Volume 3 is as below:
1. Breathe Carolina – “Down” (originally recorded by Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne) – Listen here!
2. Woe, Is Me – “Hot ‘N Cold” (originally recorded by Katy Perry)
3. Artist Vs Poet – “Bad Romance” (originally recorded by Lady GaGa)
4. Mayday Parade – “In My Head” (originally recorded by Jason DerÃ¼lo)
5. Asking Alexandria – “Right Now (Na Na Na)” (originally recorded by Akon) – Listen here!
6. This Century – “Paper Planes” (originally recorded by M.I.A.)
7. The Word Alive – “Heartless” (originally recorded by Kanye West)
8. Family Force 5 – “Bulletproof” (originally recorded by La Roux)
9. Of Mice & Men – “Blame It” (originally recorded by Jamie Foxx ft. T-Pain)
10. Miss May I – “Run This Town” (originally recorded by Jay-Z ft. Kanye West and Rihanna)
11. The Ready Set – “Airplanes” (originally recorded by B.o.B ft. Hayley Williams)
12. Cute Is What We Aim For – “Dead And Gone” (originally recorded by T.I. ft. Justin Timberlake)
13. Sparks The Rescue – “Need You Now” (originally recorded by Lady Antebellum)
14. We Came As Romans – “My Love” (originally recorded by Justin Timberlake ft. T.I.)
The Fearless Friends tour presented by FreeCreditScore.com is hitting the road this fall with Mayday Parade, Breathe Carolina, Every Avenue, Artist Vs Poet and Go Radio, plus Victorious Secrets on select dates. Check out the dates below and pick up tickets for the tour here.
10.13.10 – Hartford, CT @ Webster Theatre
10.14.10 – New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre
10.15.10 – Sayreville, NY @ Starland Ballroom
10.16.10 – Farmingdale, NY @ Crazy Donkey
10.17.10 – Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
10.19.10 – Williamsville, NY @ Infinity
10.20.10 – Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
10.21.10 – Towson, MD @ Recher Theatre
10.22.10 – Charlotte, NC @ Amos’ Southend
10.23.10 – Jacksonville Beach, FL @ Freebird Live
10.24.10 – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
10.26.10 – Cincinnati, OH @ Bogarts
10.27.10 – Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
10.28.10- Detroit, MI @ St. Andrews Hall
10.29.10 – Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
10.30.10 – Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
10.31.10 – Minneapolis, MN @ Cabooze
11.2.10 – Des Moines, IA @ People’s Court
11.3.10 – Sauget, IL @ Pop’s
11.4.10 – Kansas City, MO @ Beaumont Club
11.5.10 – Omaha, NE @ Sokol Underground
11.6.10 – Denver, CO @ Gothic Theatre
11.8.10 – Boise, ID @ Knitting Factory
11.9.10 – Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
11.10.10 – Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
11.11.10 – Orangevale, CA @ Boardwalk
11.12.10 – San Francisco, CA @ Regency Ballroom
11.13.10 – Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
11.14.10 – Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
11.16.10 – San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
11.17.10 – Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues
11.18.10 – Mesa, AZ @ Nile Theatre
11.19.10 – Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theatre
11.20.10 – Oklahoma City, OK @ Diamond Ballroom
11.21.10 – Dallas, TX @ House of Blues
11.23.10 – San Antonio, TX @ White Rabbit
11.24.10 – Houston, TX @ House of Blues
11.26.10 – Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
11.27.10 – Tampa, FL @ State Theatre
11.28.10 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution
Mayday Parade can be seen performing in a the new movie, How To Make Love To A Woman, set to premiere at the San Francisco United Film Festival on June 11th, 2010. For more information on the movie read the press release below.
The feature film, which stars Josh Meyers (That 70’s Show, MADtv), Krysten Ritter (Confessions of a Shopaholic, She’s Out of My League) and Ken Jeong (The Hangover, Knocked Up) also features the acting debuts of Ludo’s Andrew Volpe, Yellowcard’s Ryan Key and hellogoodbye’s Forrest Kline and a band performance by Saosin. The movie will be released on DVD on July 13th, 2010 by E1 Entertainment.
Directed by music video director Scott Culver (Saliva, hellogoodbye, Ludo), How To Make Love To A Woman’s tagline is “a comedy of miscommunication between the sheets” (after the MPAA rejected “the answers don’t always come easy”), and follows lead character Andy’s (played by Josh Meyers) myriad attempts to improve his bedroom performance. He consults with everyone from a Buddhist monk to his grandmother to porn icon Jenna Jameson, receiving varying degrees of help. The movie is set at an indie record label, and was actually shot in part at the Fearless Records offices in Huntington Beach, CA.
Culver’s music connections also made for a killer soundtrack, including tracks by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, hellogoodbye, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Say No More, Call the Cops and Jack’s Mannequin. The movie also features Ian Somerhalder (Lost, The Vampire Diaries), James Kyson-Lee (Heroes), Nora Kirkpatrick (Greek), and Eugene Byrd (8 Mile).
Punk Goes Classic Rock is set for release in the U.S. on April 27th, 2010, and on April 26th in the UK, and features a selection of the best up-and-coming alternative rock bands, including Mayday Parade, The Almost, Forever The Sickest Kids and Never Shout Never doing their own cover versions of classic tracks by such bands as Journey, Queen, KISS and Def Leppard. The entire album is currently streaming on MySpace.
The official Punk Goes Classic Rock trailer below features never before heard clips of Mayday Parade‘s cover of “We Are The Champions” and Hit The Lights cover of “More Than A Feeling.” Mayday Parade’s cover will premiere on Myspace Music in the coming weeks leading up to the release of Punk Goes Classic Rock on April 27th.
Punk Goes Classic Rock, the 9th release in the “Punk Goes” compilations series is set for release on April 27th, 2010. The complication will feature a selection of the best up-and-coming alternative rock bands doing their own cover versions of classic tracks by such bands as Journey, Queen, KISS, Def Leppard, The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Blue Oyster Cult. Check out the track listing and album art below.
1. Hit The Lights “More Than A Feeling” (originally recorded by Boston)
2. VersaEmerge “Paint It Black” (originally recorded by The Rolling Stones)
3. The Almost “Free Fallin'” (originally recorded by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers)
4. Mayday Parade “We Are The Champions” (originally recorded by Queen)
5. The Summer Set “Rock ‘n Roll All Nite” (originally recorded by KISS)
6. We The Kings “Caught Up In You” (originally recorded by .38 Special)
7. A Skylit Drive “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)” (originally recorded by Journey)
8. I See Stars “Your Love” (originally recorded by The Outfield)
9. Pierce The Veil “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” (originally recorded by Blue Oyster Cult)
10. Forever The Sickest Kids “Crazy Train” (originally recorded by Ozzy Osbourne)
11. The Maine “Pour Some Sugar On Me” (originally recorded by Def Leppard)
12. Envy On The Coast “All Along The Watchtower” (originally recorded by Bob Dylan)
13. Every Avenue “Take Me Home Tonight” (originally recorded by Eddie Money)
14. Never Shout Never “Bohemian Rhapsody” (originally recorded by Queen)
15. blessthefall “Dream On” (originally recorded by Aerosmith)