Hit The Lights are streaming their new music video for “Gravity” that you can check out below. The song comes from the bands new album, [itunes link=”http://itunes.apple.com/us/music-video/earthquake/id496350093?uo=4″ title=”Hit the Lights-Invicta” text=”Invicta”], in stores now.
Hit The Lights are streaming a teaser for their upcoming video for “Gravity”. The song comes from the bands new album, [itunes link=”http://itunes.apple.com/us/music-video/earthquake/id496350093?uo=4″ title=”Hit the Lights-Invicta” text=”Invicta”], in stores now. Check out the teaser after the jump and look for the full video on February 29th. [Read more…]
Hit The Lights are streaming their video for “Earthquake” off their new album, Invicta, due out tomorrow. Check out the video below [Read more…]
Hit The Lights have announced that they will release their third full-length album, Invicta, on January 31st, 2012. The band released a three song EP featuring new songs from the album that you can pick up now on [itunes link=”http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/gravity/id474337168?uo=4″ title=”Hit The Lights – Invicta EP” text=”iTunes”].
Hit The Lights will be doing a headlining tour this Fall with support from The Dangerous Summer and other “Special Guests.” The tour will kick off on October 31st in Toledo, OH and wrap on December 4th in Akron, OH (tour dates below). The Ohio pop-punk quintet recently announcing signing to Razor & Tie and in early 2012 will release their first new studio album in over four years with producers Machine (Four Year Strong, Armor For Sleep, Cobra Starship) and Mike Sapone (Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Crime in Stereo). [Read more…]
Hit The Lights have announced that they have signed to Universal Republic in partnership with Vagrant Records. The band will be releasing their new full-length album in 2011.
A few statements from Nick Thompson can be seen below.
We took the time to talk to many great people and companies this past year. We discussed where we saw the future of HTL and, eventually, made the decision to sign with another label. We here in Hit The Lights are proud to announce that we have signed to Universal Republic Records, in partnership with Vagrant Records, and will be releasing a new record in 2011 to prepare the world for the upcoming Apocalypse!
So what now? This is what now: For the past year we have been writing more songs than we have written in our career as a band, trying new things, trying old things and doing everything we can to make sure that this record is THE BEST HIT THE LIGHTS RECORD YET. We mean this. Keep your ears open on the playground, we’ve got more information coming soon. Thanks for all your patience, we’ll make it worth your while. We’d stock up on some new, well-made undies as well. We can smell your fear!
The official Punk Goes Classic Rock trailer below features never before heard clips of Mayday Parade‘s cover of “We Are The Champions” and Hit The Lights cover of “More Than A Feeling.” Mayday Parade’s cover will premiere on Myspace Music in the coming weeks leading up to the release of Punk Goes Classic Rock on April 27th.
Punk Goes Classic Rock, the 9th release in the “Punk Goes” compilations series is set for release on April 27th, 2010. The complication will feature a selection of the best up-and-coming alternative rock bands doing their own cover versions of classic tracks by such bands as Journey, Queen, KISS, Def Leppard, The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Blue Oyster Cult. Check out the track listing and album art below.
1. Hit The Lights “More Than A Feeling” (originally recorded by Boston)
2. VersaEmerge “Paint It Black” (originally recorded by The Rolling Stones)
3. The Almost “Free Fallin'” (originally recorded by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers)
4. Mayday Parade “We Are The Champions” (originally recorded by Queen)
5. The Summer Set “Rock ‘n Roll All Nite” (originally recorded by KISS)
6. We The Kings “Caught Up In You” (originally recorded by .38 Special)
7. A Skylit Drive “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)” (originally recorded by Journey)
8. I See Stars “Your Love” (originally recorded by The Outfield)
9. Pierce The Veil “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” (originally recorded by Blue Oyster Cult)
10. Forever The Sickest Kids “Crazy Train” (originally recorded by Ozzy Osbourne)
11. The Maine “Pour Some Sugar On Me” (originally recorded by Def Leppard)
12. Envy On The Coast “All Along The Watchtower” (originally recorded by Bob Dylan)
13. Every Avenue “Take Me Home Tonight” (originally recorded by Eddie Money)
14. Never Shout Never “Bohemian Rhapsody” (originally recorded by Queen)
15. blessthefall “Dream On” (originally recorded by Aerosmith)
Hit The Lights will be releasing a digital only EP titled Coast To Coast on June 23rd. The EP features two new songs, two covers and two acoustic tracks from the bands growing catalog.
“We did this to give out fans a little something to hold them over until we drop a new record in 2010, it was a chance to try some new things. We hope everyone enjoys it as much as we enjoyed making it.”
Entering the studio this time gave the band a chance to work with some producers they have greatly admired. The track “Pulse” was recorded with Mark Trombino (Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World) and the title tracks “Coast To Coast” was done with John Feldmann (The Used, Story Of The Year). Hit The Lights also chose a few covers “Drive Onto Me” by Elliot and “Snowbirds And Townies” by Further Seems Forever. “We feel like both covers are from bands we think everyone who listens to Hit The Lights should know” says Thompson.