1. First thing’s first. What’s your name, age, and what do you play in Small
My name is Ryan, I’m 21, and I play the bass and do some vocals.
2. Small Towns Burn A Little Slower is a very long name. How did you get it?
I wasn’t in the band when they named it, but I know what it means,
and I’m not at liberty to speak of such matters.
3. Besides playing music, do you have any hobbies?
Well I like to play tennis, and go to movies, nothing too exciting.
4. How was it to have Justin Pierre contribute some vocals on your new
It was amazing he’s a great person and musician. We are really happy with
what he contributed to the record.
5. What’s your favorite song to play live, and why?
“Answers” I like it because it has really mellow parts and some rock out
6. If you could choose any band to tour with who would it be?
For me it would be Brand New or Built to Spill.
7. Anything to say about Triple Crown Records?
Great label, we are really happy to be part of the family.
8. How do you think the band has evolved on the LP compared to the EP?
Audibly the LP is a lot better, due to the fact that it wasn’t recorded in
a basement like the EP. As for the actual song writing I would say that
the full-length has some more advanced song structures and intricate
9. What’s the writing process like? Lyrics first? instruments first?
Everyone creates their own and tries to combine? Usually we will all write the music together and demo the song, and Danny
will come up with lyrics and vocals to it afterwards.
10. What has been your biggest struggle as a band?
Just trying to keep our heads above water financially. It’s hard to
have any money when you are on tour all the time, and can’t work for
more than a couple weeks at a time. I’m not complaining though, I
wouldn’t want to be doing anything else.
11. What was the most rewarding moment?
Just being on stage and having kids care about what you’re doing.
12. Last but not least, what’s spinning in your cd player Ryan?
Hum-you’d prefer an astronaut
Nightmare of you
Built to spill-there’s nothing wrong with love
Great, thank you!