I’m going to be doing a series on Warped Tour”¦guides for beginners, photographers, show reviews, photos, and more. Stay tuned. Here’s the first part.
1) Dress accordingly. Warped Tour somehow seems to fall on the hottest day of the summer. Wear thin, light clothing. This year, I saw a significant amount of girls wearing bathing suits. Not a bad idea, at all.
2) Don’t need to arrive early. Regardless of when you arrive, you’re gonna be waiting. Show up a little late and you can avoid the crowds.
3) As soon as you get through the door find the schedule. It’s a huge blow up wall. They sell schedules for a couple bucks or they have paper and pencils for you to write your own down.
Using their paper is a better idea as it has the stages already written. Go through, write the times/bands you wish to see, and when you’re finished go through and see if anything conflicts. Decision time.
4) Bring a bottle of water. Warped Tour allows you to bring one unopened bottle of water (drink). They have FREE water faucets all over the place. Stay hydrated. You will NOT regret this.
5) Camera! You’re allowed a small non-professional cameras. The smaller the camera, the better. Less weight for your poor shoulders. I can assure you there will be 100 photo opportunities. From the live music, to your friends, to the crowd, and to meeting your favorite rockstars. You will want to document.
6) Sunblock, sunblock, sunblock“¦is your best friend.