Indie 911 has launched hoooka, a personalized media store and player that enables both artists and fans to play, share, promote and sell their favorite digital media. Hoooka allows users to instantly become their own mobile media store, the hoooka showcases playlists that can be posted anywhere online, from blogs and social networking pages to personal Web sites. Check out more details below and get your own hoooka here.
Consumer and artist-friendly features – The hoooka combines the networking aspects of MySpace with the digital sale opportunities of iTunes. It was designed to give consumers and artists an easy tool to share and sell media.
- Chat live across multiple social networks. For the first time, users can chat live through the hoooka platform regardless of what network, blog or individual Web site their hoooka is embedded.
- Videos. Users customize their hoooka with music videos and feature films from the indie911 database as well as their own user generated videos and offer it for stream or sale.
- Customizable. A customized hoooka reflects user personality and artistic tastes. Users create as many hoookas as they want and upload any type of mediaÃƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã¢â‚¬be it pictures, videos, music or user-generated content.
- Stronger value for artists, labels and consumers. Rights holders receive 80 percent of the revenue made for any song or video sold through a hoooka, while 10 percent of the revenue goes to the Ãƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã…”hoooka owner.Ãƒ¢Ã¢”š¬? As most competitors offer rights holdersÃƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã¢”ž¢ percentages in the 60 to 70 percent range, the hoooka offers one of the best splits in the industry.
Hoookas for everyone – Whether youÃƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã¢”ž¢re a music fan, artist, label or promoter, the hoooka provides a cool way to discover, promote and highlight your personal favorites or top artists.
- Music fans: indie911Ãƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã¢”ž¢s 100,000 members now have the ability to create and share their own hoookaÃƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã¢”ž¢s with anyone anywhere. By simply selecting music or video from the online catalog, fans can begin sharing, selling and making money immediately from artists ranging from Willie Nelson to Barenaked Ladies.
- Signed and unsigned artists: Through its unique Ãƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã…”sounds likeÃƒ¢Ã¢”š¬? system, the hoooka is a great tool for discovering new, unsigned artists, as well playing favorites from major and well-known independent artists such as Cartel (Epic), The Cardigans (Nettwerk), Grace Potter & The Nocturnals (Ragged Company/Hollywood Records), Keller Williams and The String Cheese Incident (Sci Fidelity Records).
- Music festival organizers: Event promoters have partnered with indie911 to create personalized, branded hoookaÃƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã¢”ž¢s highlighting artists performing at their festivals:
- South by Southwest, Austin, Texas, March 8-17. indie911Ãƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã¢”ž¢s Ãƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã…”hoookafestÃƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã¢”ž¢ includes various events happening during the annual Austin festival, including the Afro Punk showcase and the first blogger-curated music showcase known as Ãƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã…”The Hot Freaks.Ãƒ¢Ã¢”š¬? There will be over 50 individual hoookaÃƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã¢”ž¢s created from various artists performing at SXSW.
- Langerado Music Festival, Sunrise, Fla., March 8-12. This jam band festival has created artist-branded hoookaÃƒ¢Ã¢”š¬Ã¢”ž¢s for the String Cheese Incident and Tea Leaf Green.
- Winter Music Conference, Miami, Fla., March 21-24. This electronic music conference will feature hoookas celebrating the launch of new music from Tila Tequila and Sander Kleinenberg.